Join us tonight for Midnight In The Desert. We’re joined by guest John L Steadman to Discuss “Aliens, Robots and Virtual Reality Idols ”
Tonight’s guest is John L Steadman, here to discuss his latest book “Aliens, Robots and Virtual Reality Idols”.
Here are the topics for tonight. If you want to join us in the live chat room, go to
1. HP Lovecraft and prehistoric alien invaders, Asimov Foundation series in space, William Gibson and the Sprawl Trilogy.
2. Lovecraft’s views are more or less equivalent to those of contemporary quantum physicists, while Gibson’s views are focused specifically on virtual reality & how it relates to “real” reality.
3. The diminishment of humankind, past, present & future. Lovecraft makes use of the past– vast epochs ranging back to 4.5 billion years ago- to diminish humankind. (Lovecraft reduced men to ants). Gibson writes about the present, and Asimov dealt with the future.
4. What is meant by “non-human” and “alien” to each of these?
5. Authors personal experience with “the alien”. What that word really means.
IF YOU ARE IN THE CHATROOM, WE WILL TAKE YOUR QUESTIONS AND READ COMMENTS!